Saturday, January 23, 2010

Rode to San Antonio, Texas with Terry and Ann, Paul and Tim. Christina and Marley had a great Reception. I enjoyed seeing Sara and Melissa and their families. Rode to Bay City Texas with David and Cyndy.

We had a great Christmas in Texas. It's been great to visit with Michael and Alison. Today I have eaten WAY TOO MUCH, way too many times. I hope to starve a few days and see if that compensates. I doubt it, but I have to try something.

Picked up sea shells on the beach of the gulf of Mexico. Went target shooting with David, Tim and Paul. I learned that a scope doesn't necessarily make it easier to hit a target. It's very difficult to hold the gun steady. A good support helps.

Thursday, Cyndy and David are flying me home. Cyndy has a wheel chair at the airports to haul me around. I like the wheel chair, I'll try it again. I get to stay in Indiana until Christina and Marly pick me up and bring me to their Monterey, Mexico reception. Cam and Kathleen called today, they're picking me up the end of January and I get to return to North Carolina for a few days. Life is so exciting!

I signed up to digitize census records on Family Search. It's a great chance to use my computer. I've finished about a page and a half, so far. I've been doing 1910 California records. Some of the foreign names, Sweedish, Portugese, and etc. are so dimly written, that it's fun trying to decipher them.



Jan. 4 We had a birthday party for Lauren this evening. We went to the Cracker Barrel. Lauren' parents and her sister Tabitha came. Stephen and Ramona and about ten others. We sat at two large tables. The waitresses sang "Happy Birthday" to Lauren. I enjoyed visiting with Lauren's mother and dad. I think we all had a good time getting acquainted.

I'm happy to be home, but I had a great visit to Monterrey, Mexico. Christina's Marley Davis, has a marvelous family in Monterrey. His parents live in San Antonio, Texas, and his mother's family lives in Mexico. His grandparents and uncles, aunts, and cousins put on a fantastic reception for Christina and Marley. Those Spanish speaking people dance, and dance, and dance. I danced until I dropped. They laughed and said, "Too much Tequila!" They fixed my food with just the right amount of hot sauce, everything was delicious. I must have put on 50 pounds. They gave me a room to my self in their beautiful home. They sent me home with a trunk full of gifts. Nearly every one spoke better English than I did. I didn't practice my Spanish very much, but they were very helpful when I did try. I had no idea that there was such a huge city as Monterrey in Mexico. They started building in the valley, but now they're building up the side of the mountain. Church was interesting. I understood a few of the words, but I felt the Spirit. I sang the hymns in English. They didn't have enough Hymn Books to go around for me to sing in Spanish. Shopping was fun. The prices were frightening until I learned that 1 dollar was worth 10 Pesos. I fell down and broke a bag of glassware. I'm getting clumsy in my old age. The knee I landed on is still quite sore, but I'm not using crutches any more. Christina got on the computer and arranged for a wheel chair at each of the airports, so I didn't have to run to catch my planes. It is great to be home.

Marley's parents' and grandparents' names:
His parents are:
> Ana Luisa and Michael Davis
His grandparents are:
> Begonia and Eugenio Hernandez

1 comment:

  1. Amy mentioned the other day that you had three blogs, and I told her I only knew about one. You were keeping these other two secret, eh? Well I found them! Keep writing. :)

    I'm glad you enjoyed your Mexico trip.

    How was your trip a week or two ago?

    ReplyDelete